New Sales Tax Laws in California
The economy of California has changed radically since the current tax structure was established in the 1950s; when much of the economy was agriculture and manufacturing. Now 80% of all State economy activities are information and services based.
“The underlying problem is, while California’s economy has evolved, its tax system failed to keep up with the times,” Senator Hertzberg said. “Taxing only goods and not services when our economy has been so fundamentally transformed makes no sense and is manifestly unfair. This has to change.”
- Professional services, such as accounting, architecture, and law.
- Financial services, such as insurance services, investment counseling, and property sales agents.
- Construction services such as carpentry, painting, and plumbing.
- Agricultural services, such as landscaping.
- Health care.
- Educational services.
- Small businesses with less than $100,000 gross sales.
For sales and use tax compliance questions or sales tax audit related concerns, we are here to help!
Contact us at:
Or Call today for an appointment: