Louisiana’s 2013 2nd Amendment Sales Tax Holiday
A wide range of supplies will be exempt from the 4% state and local sales taxes, including:
- Shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers or other handguns
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
- Accessories designed to be used for hunting
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage, clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear for use while hunting
- Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed for hunting.
The exemption does not apply to the following:
- Golf carts
- Motor vehicles.
For a full list of eligible items, excluded items and special provisions go to www.revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment.