Louisiana Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday
Louisiana – The Annual Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday will be held from May 30 – 31, 2016. During the two-day annual holiday, tax-free purchases are authorized on the first $1,500 of the sales price of each of the following item:
- Portable self-powered light source;
- Portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio;
- Tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting;
- Any ground anchor system or tie-down kit;
- Any gas or diesel fuel tank;
- Any package of AAA-cell, AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries;
- Any cellular phone battery and any cellular phone charger;
- Any non-electric food storage cooler;
- Any portable generator used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage;
- Any “storm shutter device”, as defined in the Act;
- Any carbon monoxide detector; and
- Any blue ice product.
About Davis & Davis LLC – Sales Tax Experts: Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Davis & Davis LLC – Sales Tax Experts specializes in sales/use tax audit consulting and audit defense. Our team of consultants is comprised of former Big 4 sales tax consultants and state sales tax auditors. Each of our consultants has 15 to 20 years of experience, providing our clients with access to a highly specialized team of sales/use tax professionals. At Davis & Davis we are committed to maintaining the highest standards in our talent pool. We work hard to meet our clients’ needs by ensuring that you view our firm as an extension of your company and a member of your team.
For sales/use tax compliance questions or audit related concerns, we are here to help!
Contact us at:
Or call today for a consultation: