Texas Water-Efficient Sales Tax Holiday
Texas – Certain water-efficient and water-conserving products are tax-free during the Water-Efficient Products Sales Tax Holiday which is May 28-30, 2016. There is no limit to qualifying items you can buy.
During the holiday period, you can buy any product tax-free that displays a WaterSense label or logo. These items can be bought for either personal or business purposes.
The following water-conserving products items are sales tax exempt during the holiday period but only when you buy for use at your residential property.
You can buy items tax-free during the holiday that is used or planted for:
- conserving or retaining groundwater;
- recharging water tables; or
- decreasing ambient air temperature, and so limiting water evaporation.
Examples of items that qualify for the exemption include:
- a soaker or drip-irrigation hose
- moisture control for a sprinkler or irrigation system
- a rain barrel or an alternative rain and moisture collection system
- a permeable ground cover surface that allows water to reach underground basins, aquifers or water collection points
- plants, trees, and grasses
- water-saving surfactants
Examples of items that do not qualify for the exemption include:
- construction/building materials
- awnings and other items used to create shade
- air conditioners*
- ceiling fans*
*Certain air conditioners and ceiling fans can be bought tax-free as part of the Energy Star Sales Tax Holiday during Memorial Day weekend.
About Davis & Davis LLC – Sales Tax Experts: Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Davis & Davis LLC – Sales Tax Experts specializes in sales/use tax audit consulting and audit defense. Our team of consultants is comprised of former Big 4 sales tax consultants and state sales tax auditors. Each of our consultants has 15 to 20 years of experience, providing our clients with access to a highly specialized team of sales/use tax professionals. At Davis & Davis, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards in our talent pool. We work hard to meet our clients’ needs by ensuring that you view our firm as an extension of your company and a member of your team.
For sales/use tax compliance questions or audit-related concerns, we are here to help!
Contact us at:
Or call today for a consultation: